Hi, today topic is Jupyter notebook, so it’s an open-source software very popular and you can do coding on different languages, particular for data science you can use python or spark, and we can also a lot of documentation, it’s an interactive way using Jupyter notebook, so in this article I’m going to cover installation and the basic commands to get going into Jupyter notebook.
So after get install anaconda we’re going to open jupyter as these:
- Go to windows start menu and click anaconda :
- There is something called anaconda prompt click :
- And here you type : juptyer notebook, and this will start Jupyter notebook in your browser, my default browser is chrome google, so it’s gonna start off my, all right so this your jupyter notebook.
- And now I can open up at jupyter, here I can do few more things :
- It’s working now, so basically we have installed anaconda which is package of python, and data science related python package, many other things including jupyter as well, so this one installation you will get ready for doing your data science coding in Jupyter. Alright now we have done installation, let’s get started to use Jupyter .
- Jupyter has many languages, you can install many programming language, python is installed , so choice python :
- Click here and give a name to your project :
- So this is jupyter interface it will be working on your web browser, you have also an menu above, you can click and look at all the options in jupyter.
- Each section is called cell, and this where you write down the code
- There are many types of cells, one is a code cell where you write the actual code ( python or R), so let’s tape a simple example in python :
I got 8 over here and this section is output, you can notice a number over here the first cell is executed, if I do in another one like, I want to p-value for example :
- So this becomes cell 2, it’s two in execution of sequence, I can rerun the cell again and again, and I can go back this and rerun it :
- To find your project, go back to the jupyter from the home, and go to the running :
- You can see there is your notebook name.
- in the next article we’re going to see more other basics of Jupyter.
If you like this article, follow us in our facebook page : the over day and let’s your friends know by sharing it on social media.